The Partner Rx Platform
The Partner Rx Platform offers a set of tools for Business Development individuals within the Life Science industry on which they may do many things, including exchange information. Partner Rx also allows access to the Partner Rx Platform to Organizations for use by their members.
• On the Partner Rx Platform;
• In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and Partner Rx, on the Partner Rx Platform or otherwise; and
It does not apply to information collected by:
• Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Partner Rx or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
• Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Partner Rx Platform.
What is "personal data"?
"Personal data" is any data that (1) is recorded in any form, (2) is about or pertains to a specific individual and (3) can be linked to that individual. For example, and without limitation, your first and last names, address, email address, telephone number, and other contact information, and the deals in which you have participated are "personal data."
What kind of personal data is collected?
We collect personal data at different stages of your use of the Partner Rx Platform.
When you visit Partner-Rx.com - If you visit www.Partner-Rx.com or use an interface which interacts with Partner-Rx.com, whether or not you sign-in as a registered user, we collect your IP address, the location of your Internet Service Provider, the type and version of Internet browser that you are using, and the website from which you came. We also collect information regarding your site usage, such as the time spent on a page and the number of pages you viewed.
When you interact with the Partner Rx Platform - We also collect personal data that you provide when you interact with the Partner Rx Platform such as, for example, by sending a message or uploading documents, or when exchanging correspondence with us such as through support emails.
When you use your account - We collect information that you provide or create when you use your account:
• If you are classified as a Business Development professional, you may record in your profile within your Organization’s information about yourself, such as your contact information, picture, biography, experience, or other groups to which you belong.
• If you are a Service Provider, and you represent a company that is seeking to provide service to Business Development professionals, you may record information about yourself, your company, and your company’s management team. You may also include a non confidential presentation or picture. All information you put onto the Partner Rx Platform is shared with other members of the Partner Rx Platform.
How is personal data collected?
We collect personal data directly from you when you provide it through your use of the Partner Rx Platform, such as in emails or when you fill out forms that are displayed on the Partner Rx Platform.
For what purpose will my personal data be used?
Partner Rx uses your personal data to maintain your account and to provide you with the group and deal management and other services offered on the Partner Rx Platform. We also use your personal data to respond to requests that you make of us, and to contact you and to provide you with information that we believe may be of interest to you.
We may also use your name and contact information to make queries to social networking and other sites, such as LinkedIn, for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to, verifying your identity, and showing you how you are linked or connected to other individuals who are also Partner Rx users.
Your personal data may also be shared with companies in the Partner Rx family of companies or to third parties as described below.
Can third parties see my personal data?
• If you are a Business Development Professional - The Partner Rx Platform allows the Organization Administrator of an Organization the ability to input certain information in the profile of the members of the Organization. Thus, for each Organization, the Administrator decides which information is available for access or review by other Business Development Professionals and/or other Organizations. Organizations should only post non-confidential information regarding products or services. Once a partnership is made through the Partner Rx Platform, companies can share more detailed information outside the platform under NDA. Please Note: Partner Rx has no control over the information posted by an Organization’s Administrator nor a member of that Organization.
With whom may Partner Rx share personal data?
Under certain business or legal conditions, Partner Rx may have to disclose your personal data to others as follows:
• Within the Partner Rx Family – Partner Rx may now or in the future have a parent, subsidiary or related company or companies within the Partner Rx family of companies. Partner Rx has the right to share all personal data with all such affiliated companies.
• Service Providers - Partner Rx may engage other companies and individuals to perform necessary business functions on behalf of Partner Rx (e.g. customer service or email provider). If it is necessary to perform these functions, these companies or individuals may have access to personal data of our users. These service providers have agreed not to use the personal data for any other purpose other than providing the required services.
• Legally Required Disclosure - Under certain circumstances, disclosure of your personal data may be required by law. Partner Rx may disclose your personal data (1) if, in its own best judgment, it is required to do so in order to comply with a facially valid judicial or governmental subpoena, warrant, or other order, or (2) to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information, or (3) in connection with the exercise or defense of its rights.
Sharing with 3 rd Parties
3rd Parties are companies unaffiliated with the Partner Rx Platform. We may share your personal data with 3rd parties if given permission by you so that they can market their products or services to you. If you do not want us to share your personal data with 3rd parties after giving us permission to do so, contact us at support@Partner-Rx.com.
Can I access or change my personal data?
If your personal data changes, you may correct, update, or amend by making the change on our member information page or by emailing our Customer Support at support@Partner-Rx. If you wish to delete/remove/deactivate your profile or remove your testimonial from our site please email us at support@Partner Rx.com. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
For auditing and security purposes, Partner Rx keeps a log of all users' activities, which is retained in its archives as necessary for Partner Rx to fulfill its obligations. Users may have access to the personal data that pertain to them. However, because the administrative and technical burden associated with the retrieval of these archived data is substantial, Partner Rx charges a fee for this effort in a manner that is consistent with its actual cost. In addition, each user's right of access may be limited to the extent that providing access might infringe on a third party's privacy rights. Requests for access to this archived information are handled on a case-by-case basis, after Partner Rx has verified the identity of the requestor. Inquiries should be made as provided in the section.
Can I have my personal data deleted?
You can delete any personal data that is recorded in the profile that you create for yourself as a Business Development professional or for your company, or as a service provider.
Social Media Widgets
We display testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your video testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at support@Partner Rx.com.
If you choose to invite a user to our platform, we will ask you for a name and email address. We will automatically send your invite a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. Partner Rx stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of invites claimed.
What is Aggregated Data, and how is it used?
Data aggregation is a process in which information is gathered and expressed in a summary form for purposes such as statistical analysis, in order to obtain information about a particular group based on specific variables. Data used for aggregation purposes are collected in a form that removes all identifiers, and may be combined with other data for which all identifiers have also been removed. Partner Rx uses aggregated data to generate accurate metrics about the early stage Life Science industry.
Aggregated data are packaged and licensed to third parties such as governments, economic development agencies and financial institutions. Examples of aggregated data may include:
• Data about the early equity space, such as number of deals in a month-to-month or quarter-to-quarter basis at various generic stages of the funding process (e.g. new deals, in-progress deals, inactive deals, and invested deals).
• Data about industries and geographies related to companies seeking investors and those successfully obtaining investments.
What is Website Data, and how is it used?
Website data is aggregated data about the overall traffic to, and usage of the Partner Rx Platform. Examples include the number of visitors to the Partner Rx.com website and the number of registered users of the Partner Rx Platform. Partner Rx may extract and use website data for internal purposes, in order to analyze the performance of the Partner Rx Platform and applications. For example, we may use these data for traffic analysis and business decision making, in order to determine how we can improve our site or its functionalities.
The statistics generated in this manner contain no personal data and cannot be used to gather any information about individual visitors to the site.
Cookies and Action Tags
Partner Rx uses 'cookies.' A cookie is a small amount of data sent to a user's web browser from a web server, which is then stored on the user's hard drive. Cookies are used to make site navigation easier, and can help recognize a returning visitor. Partner Rx's cookies do not generate any personal data, do not read personal data from your computer, and are not tied to any personal data. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies, or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the sites that you visit. If you decide not to accept our cookies, some or all features of the site may not be available because navigation on the site is facilitated by cookies. You can delete cookies from your computer at any time. You can learn more about cookies by visiting: http://www.allaboutcookies.org or www.networkadvertising.org .
• Action Tags
Partner Rx uses action tags. An action tag is a small piece of code that is placed on a webpage or in an email in order to track the pages viewed or the messages opened, the date and time when someone visited our website, the website from which the visitor came, the type of browser used, and the domain name and address of the user's Internet Service Provider. Action tags allow us to better understand how users and visitors use our site or browse through our pages, so that we can improve access to and navigation through the site, add or modify pages, according to our user's patterns. Action tags cannot be removed or deleted by our users, because they are part of the programming of a webpage.
• Log Files
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use the Partner Rx Platform, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends out whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, ip address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other similar information.
• Web Beacons
When you use the Partner Rx Platform, we may employ web beacons, which are used to track the online usage patterns of Users anonymously. No personally identifiable information from your account is collected using these beacons. In addition, we may also use web beacons in HTML-based emails sent to Users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
• Do Not Track Signals
Partner Rx does not track or use Do Not Track signals.
What security measures are in place to protect my personal data?
Partner Rx uses physical, technical, and administrative procedures in order to safeguard and protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, while we do our best to implement reasonable security measures, we do not guarantee that our safeguards will always work.
Partner Rx uses industry-standard technological means to protect your personal data while in transit through the Internet. We use encryption and a comprehensive authentication protocol to provide reasonable security. However, please remember that no security system on the Internet is perfect. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at support@Partner Rx.com.
What about Uploaded Documents?
Documents that are uploaded to the Partner Rx Platform for sharing are stored at a third party data-storage service. All uploads and downloads are transmitted through the web between users and the data storage service using the same encryption techniques as those that are used with personal data. However, uploaded documents are neither stored redundantly, nor backed up. Therefore, we recommend that Partner Rx users keep back-up copies of their documents if they upload them to the Partner Rx.com website.
When will Partner Rx contact me?
Partner Rx will communicate with you in response to your requests for service or customer support. We will contact you by phone or by email, according to your preference.
Links to other websites
Partner Rx may provide links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these sites. In order to safeguard your privacy, please review the privacy policies of any sites that you may visit before providing any personal data to these third party sites.
Limitation of Liability
Partner Rx exercises reasonable efforts to safeguard the security and confidentiality of your personal data; however, transmissions protected by industry standard technology and administered by humans cannot be guaranteed to be secure. Partner Rx will not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal data that occurs through no fault of Partner Rx including, but not limited to, errors in transmission, access to your account by anyone uses your user ID and password, your failure to comply with your security obligations, and the unauthorized acts of Partner Rx's employees.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Partner Rx Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to support@Partner-Rx.com.
You will have the right to terminate your account at any time.
Contacting Partner Rx
Effective Date: December 1, 2015